COVID-19 Updates & Resources
Unit Program Resources (Updated 7-5-2021):
- GLAAC Reopening Update – What Units Can Do & FAQ (Updated 7-18-2021)
- HOO Safer Return to Work Community (7-18-2021)
- GLAAC Reopening Camping Webinar Slide Deck (5-6-2021)
- Frequently Asked Questions from the Webinar (Updated 5-19-2021)
- GLAAC Reopening Plans (5-4-2021)
- New County of Los Angeles Health Order For Yellow Tier (5-6-2021)
- COVID-19 At Risk Unit Post Meeting Activity Participant Statement
- COVID-19 Positive Reporting Form
- Parental Commitment to Transport Unit Post Meeting Activity Form
- Youth or Adult Health Screening Questionnaire
- Program Matrix
Pfizer Vaccine Approved for 12-15 year-olds
LACDPH has approved distribution of the Pfizer COVID vaccine for 12-15 year old youths beginning tomorrow, May 13. Scouting Leaders should encourage all eligible Scouts and leaders to get vaccinated.
The best way to register in LA County is via California’s or the City of LA’s websites. Other websites work but not sure about whether they have Pfizer. Click Here to locate a vaccine site near you and other appointment systems.
Important Information & Updates:
- Reopening Protocol for Youth and Adults for Recreational Sports Leagues (4-15-2021)
- Reopening Protocol for Day Camps (4-29-2021)
- Eagle Projects and COVID-19 Council Guidelines
- Safer at Home - Scouting at Home Guide
- Q&A Coronavirus and Advancement
- National's Scout Share Resources
- Learn My.Scouting Tools Training via Video
- Cancellation and Payment Policies on COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Details of Youth Protection Information
- Guide to Safe Scouting
- BSA's Social Media Guideline
Digital Safety Guidelines for Councils to Share
As local councils and units use digital and online resources, such as video conferencing, to continue Scouting meetings, projects, and advancement during the COVID-19 outbreak, the National Council is providing guidance in this BSA Safety Moment that can be shared with anyone who has questions about topics such as video conferencing safety for Scouts and leaders. Note: This guidance is not comprehensive, and if it differs from the legal requirements of your state or local jurisdiction, please consult with your local council attorney.
Topics addressed for conducting online Scouting activities safely include:
- Follow all Youth Protection policies.
- Use business-oriented conference platforms instead of platforms with other primary purposes (such as gaming).
- Do not record online activities/meetings.
- Safeguard personal information.
- Collecting personal information from youth under 13 is not recommended.
- See Digital Safety and Online