Winter Course - Two Weekend program
December 20-22, 2019 & January 3-5, 2020 (must attend both weekends)
To Be Held At
1100 N. Canyon Blvd., Monrovia, CA 91016
Course Max is 48 youth
(National Youth Leadership Training) is a focused, high-energy outdoor experience for Boy Scout Troop/Venturing Crew youth leaders. The Greater Los Angeles Area Council will host a two weekend long courses.
What is NYLT?
Participants experience “A month in the life” of an ideal Troop, experiencing team challenges to understanding their own "Quest for the Meaning of Leadership." Some leadership skill objectives include:
- Developing team visions
- Goal setting with SMART goals.
- Project planning – 4W’s
- Communication - MesSeR
- Leading EDGE methods
- Conflict Management – EAR
All offered in a fun outdoor environment within a program infused with the Scouting Spirit. Many colleges, universities and academies have recognized NYLT as a premier leadership program.
Forms: Must be completed and turned in by each participant
All forms must be emailed to Soniaguerrero.Kagan@scouting.org on due date listed below
- 2019 NYLT Packing List
- 2019 NYLT Application and Permission Form / due with deposit
- Authorization and Consent to Treat a Minor and Code of Conduct Form / due with 1st payment
- BSA Medical Form (Part A, B and C) Are You Going to Camp? is the form to download / due with balance payment
Who should attend?
If you’re interested in becoming a more effective leader in both Scouting and in your personal life, participants must:
- be at least 13 years old as of December 1st 2019
- be First Class or above in rank, holding or soon to hold a leadership position
- have completed ILST (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops) or ILSC (Crew)
- be recommended by your Scoutmaster/Advisor to represent your Troop/Crew at this Council event.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Up until 30 days prior to camp/event: Cancellation must be received before 11/20/19 to get any refund.
- cancellation fee of 25% of total reservation cost for each spot dropped
- after that, no refunds will be provided
- balance in full due