National Youth Leadership Training
2018 Winter NYLT Course Date
December 28, 2018-January 2, 2019
at Camp Trask, 1100 N. Canyon Blvd.
Monrovia, CA 91016
Scouts: Sign Up Now!
(National Youth Leadership Training) is a focused, high-energy six-day outdoor experience for Boy Scout Troop/Venturing Crew youth leaders. The Greater Los Angeles Area Council will host a week long course.
What is NYLT?
Participants experience “A month in the life” of an ideal Troop, experiencing team challenges to understanding their own "Quest for the Meaning of Leadership." Some leadership skill objectives include:
- Developing team visions
- Goal setting with SMART goals.
- Project planning – 4W’s
- Communication - MesSeR
- Leading EDGE methods
- Conflict Management – EAR
All offered in a fun outdoor environment within a program infused with the Scouting Spirit. Many colleges, universities and academies have recognized NYLT as a premier leadership program.
Forms: Must be completed and turned in by each participant
All forms must be emailed to Soniaguerrero.Kagan@scouting.org on due date listed below
• BSA Medical Form (Part A, B and C) Are You Going to Camp? is the form to download / due with balance payment
Who should attend?
If you’re interested in becoming a more effective leader in both Scouting and in your personal life, participants must:
- be at least 13 years old as of December 1st 2018
- be First Class or above in rank, holding or soon to hold a leadership position
- have completed ILST (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops) or ILSC (Crew)
- be recommended by your Scoutmaster/Advisor to represent your Troop/Crew at this Council event.
Deposit - 50% Of Total Registration At Registration *Applicant Information Form due
1st Payment - 25% Of Total Registration By 10/27/2018 *Consent and Conduct Form due
Balance Due - Balance Due By 11/27/2018 *Completed and Current BSA Medical Form due
CANCELLATION POLICY: Up until 30 days prior to camp/event:
- cancellation fee of 25% of total reservation cost for each spot dropped
- after that, no refunds will be provided
- balance in full due