Order of the Arrow
Up Coming Events/Dues:
June 9-10 Lodge Vigil Gathering at Camp Trask Sign Up Now!
2017 W4 Conclave - September 15-17, 2017
The 2017 W4 Conclave will be held on September 15-17, 2017 at the Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center (IROEC). Online registration will close on August 31, 2017. After that registration is at the event. Everyone needs to bring a BSA medical form part A&B. Participants taking part in swimming or zip line also need to bring a IROEC recreational activity waiver. You sign up for classes after adding your registration to the shopping cart near the end of the process.
- Early registration, through July 31, 2017 is $45.
- Registration August 1 through August 31, 2017 is $55.
- Registration at the event is $65.
- New Order of the Arrow members (Ordeal after 9/15/2016) get a $10 discount, $5 at the event.
- Bunk house reservations are $25 through July 31, $30 August 1 through 31, and $40 at the event.
- T Shirts and back patches can be ordered in advance.
Use the following link to register -
2017 Lodge happenings. (All of 2017 dates found on our OA Calendar webpage)?
- LEC Meeting, 7:30pm, Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at Cushman Watt Scout Center, 2333 Scout Way, Los Angeles CA 90026
- WACHIPI 2017. Click here to view. This is National Order of the Arrow seminar for dance, ceremonies, and Native crafts. Will be held at Philmont Scout Ranch June 6-10. All youth Arrowmen and adult Arrowmen are invited to attend! The skills shared can be brought home to enhance our chapter and lodge programs. Registration is at oa-bsa.org
*Ta Tanka Lodge & Siwinis Lodge Merge Update*
On March 16, 2016, the respective Lodge Executive Committees of Ta Tanka Lodge and Siwinis Lodge voted on the name and totem of the to-be merged lodge of the Greater Los Angeles Area Council.
- Name: Tuku'ut Lodge
- Totem: Saber-Toothed Cat
- Day 1 of the merged lodge was Saturday, August 27, 2016
Order of the Arrow is divided up by District into Chapters, which handle local support. Chapter support includes Unit Elections, camp promotion, and manpower for the different District events. The Lodge as a whole provides leadership support for Ordeal Service Weekends, OA Fellowships, and Council wide events.
The Order of the Arrow as an organization is unique in that its members are not selected by its members, but are elected by Scouts within a troop or varsity team to become a member. Our mission and purpose is to be an integral part of the Greater Los Angeles Area Council's program and provide leadership experience to our Scouts.