Order of the Arrow
Up Coming Events/Dues:
2017 Lodge happenings. (All of 2017 dates found on our OA Calendar webpage)
- LEC Meeting, 7:30pm, Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at Smiser Scout Center, 3450 E Sierra Madre Blvd, Pasadena CA 91107
- Service at Rocket Academy weekend #1 and weekend #2.
- LEC Meeting, 7:30pm, Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at Cushman Watt Scout Center, 2333 Scout Way, Los Angeles CA 90026
- WACHIPI 2017. Click here to view. This is National Order of the Arrow seminar for dance, ceremonies, and Native crafts. Will be held at Philmont Scout Ranch June 6-10. All youth Arrowmen and adult Arrowmen are invited to attend! The skills shared can be brought home to enhance our chapter and lodge programs. Registration is at oa-bsa.org
*Ta Tanka Lodge & Siwinis Lodge Merge Update*
On March 16, 2016, the respective Lodge Executive Committees of Ta Tanka Lodge and Siwinis Lodge voted on the name and totem of the to-be merged lodge of the Greater Los Angeles Area Council.
- Name: Tuku'ut Lodge
- Totem: Saber-Toothed Cat
- Day 1 of the merged lodge was Saturday, August 27, 2016
Order of the Arrow is divided up by District into Chapters, which handle local support. Chapter support includes Unit Elections, camp promotion, and manpower for the different District events. The Lodge as a whole provides leadership support for Ordeal Service Weekends, OA Fellowships, and Council wide events.
The Order of the Arrow as an organization is unique in that its members are not selected by its members, but are elected by Scouts within a troop or varsity team to become a member. Our mission and purpose is to be an integral part of the Greater Los Angeles Area Council's program and provide leadership experience to our Scouts.