We serve the Southern California communities of El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Gardena, Carson, Wilmington, Lomita, Harbor City, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, and San Pedro.
Volunteers from the District avidly support and staff council events such as the University of Scouting, Cub Day Camp, Cub, Scout Residential Camp, National Youth Leadership Training, Wood Badge, Scouting for Food drives, as well as Camp Card and Popcorn Sales.
We host a Camporee each Spring, a Cub Day camp each Summer, a Webelos event each Fall, District Pinewood Derby, Soapbox Derby, Volunteer Service Projects, Hiking and Backpacking Training, and Sea Scout Activities.
Accepting Nominations for Community Members to Observe Eagle Character Boards
Partnerships with the community is important to us. The Pacifica District Advancement Committee is accepting nominations for community members who are interested in how BSA programs prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes. If you know of someone who is interested please take the time to nominate them today.
Youth Protection Training Renewals
Many adults are renewing their Youth Protection Training (YPT) in preparation for rechartering. Here are some important tips:
- Make sure you are taking the mandatory, NOT the recommended lesson plan.
- There are four mandatory modules. Take a screen shot of each module completion, preferably with a timestamp if possible.
- Overview and Policies v2
- Sexual Abuse v2
- Bullying v2
- Certification Test v2
- Once you have taken a screen shot of your module completion, DO NOT CLICK NEXT. Instead, exit your browser window and start the subsequent module "fresh" from the "Mandatory YPT Course" screen.
By following these steps, you should receive a certificate within 24 hours. If you experience problems, please contact your unit's Training Chair or servicing Commissioner.
- September 17-19 - OA Section W4N Conclave @ Hubert Eaton
- September 18 - Operation On-Target - Signal Using Mirrors
- September 18 - Lead Scout Backpack Training @ Cushman Watt
- September 18-19 - IOLS (Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills) @ Cabrillo
- September 19 - Marksmanship Day @ Firestone
- September 25 - Merit Badge Day Camp @ Cabrillo
- October 1 - Silver Beaver Nominations Due to Susan Griego
- October 2 - Communications Merit Badge Day @ Cabrillo
- October 2 - Bee Experience Day @ Firestone (may count towards Insect Study MB)
- October 3 - Animation Merit Badge Day @ Cabrillo
- October 6 - Pacifica District Committee Meeting
- October 8-10 - Adventure Camp @ Cherry Valley for Scouts BSA, Sea Scouts, and Venturers
- October 13 - Pacifica District Roundtable
- October 13 - OA Lakota Chapter Meeting
- October 17 - Marksmanship Day @ Firestone
- October 22-24 - Cub Scout Boo Fest @ Firestone
- Service Opportunities Available for Scouts & Adults - Contact email@example.com
Cub Camping Resource
The following are Council-approved Campgrounds for Cub Camping:
- Featherly Regional Park (Canyon RV Park)
- Hopkins Wilderness Park
- Malibu Creek Campground
- O'Neill Regional Park
- Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park
- San Mateo Campground (Part of San Onofre State Beach)
- Sycamore Canyon Campground (Part of Point Mugu State Park)
- Wheeler Gorge Campground
- Membership Growth Plans & Information
- District Advancement Documents
- District Award of Merit Nomination Form
- September 2021 Roundtable Matters Newsletter
- September 2021 Arties Mailbox
The next Pacifica District Roundtable will be Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 7:30 pm
ROUNDTABLE IS A GREAT RESOURCE FOR GIVING AND RECEIVING INFORMATION AS WELL AS TRAINING AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES. ALL ARE WELCOME, NOT JUST LEADERS!!!
District Committee Meetings
District Committee Meetings have gone virtual - Please reach out to District Chairperson Kelly Barry for information at firstname.lastname@example.org
OA Chapter Meetings
Chapter Meetings have gone virtual - Please reach out to Chapter Adviser Bob Hodgkiss for information at OAChapterAdviser@pacificabsa.org