We serve the Southern California communities of El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Gardena, Carson, Wilmington, Lomita, Harbor City, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, and San Pedro.
Volunteers from the District avidly support and staff council events such as the University of Scouting, Cub Day Camp, Cub, Scout Residential Camp, National Youth Leadership Training, Wood Badge, Scouting for Food drives, as well as Camp Card and Popcorn Sales.
We host a Camporee each Spring, a Cub Day camp each Summer, a Webelos event each Fall, District Pinewood Derby, Soapbox Derby, Volunteer Service Projects, Hiking and Backpacking Training, and Sea Scout Activities.
Accepting Nominations for Community Members to Observe Eagle Character Boards
Partnerships with the community is important to us. The Pacifica District Advancement Committee is accepting nominations for community members who are interested in how BSA programs prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes. If you know of someone who is interested please take the time to nominate them today.
Youth Protection Training Renewals
Many adults are renewing their Youth Protection Training (YPT) in preparation for rechartering. Here are some important tips:
- Make sure you are taking the mandatory, NOT the recommended lesson plan.
- There are four mandatory modules. Take a screen shot of each module completion, preferably with a timestamp if possible.
- Overview and Policies v2
- Sexual Abuse v2
- Bullying v2
- Certification Test v2
- Once you have taken a screen shot of your module completion, DO NOT CLICK NEXT. Instead, exit your browser window and start the subsequent module "fresh" from the "Mandatory YPT Course" screen.
By following these steps, you should receive a certificate within 24 hours. If you experience problems, please contact your unit's Training Chair or servicing Commissioner.
- October 13 - Pacifica District Roundtable
- October 13 - OA Lakota Chapter Meeting
- October 17 - Marksmanship Day @ Firestone
- October 22-24 - Cub Scout Boo Fest @ Firestone
- Service Opportunities Available for Scouts & Adults - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 3 - District Committee Meeting
- November 6 - Hiking Merit badge (15-Mile Hike)
- November 10 - Pacifica District Roundtable
- November 10 - OA Lakota Chapter Meeting
- November 13 - Cycling Event "To the Ocean and Back Ride"
Cub Camping Resource
The following are Council-approved Campgrounds for Cub Camping:
- El Dorado East Regional Park
- Featherly Regional Park (Canyon RV Park)
- Hopkins Wilderness Park
- Malibu Creek Campground
- O'Neill Regional Park
- Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park
- San Mateo Campground (Part of San Onofre State Beach)
- Sycamore Canyon Campground (Part of Point Mugu State Park)
- Wheeler Gorge Campground
- Membership Growth Plans & Information
- District Advancement Documents
- District Award of Merit Nomination Form
- October 2021 Roundtable Matters Newsletter
The next Pacifica District Roundtable will be Wednesday, Oct 13th, 2021 at 7:30pm
ROUNDTABLE IS A GREAT RESOURCE FOR GIVING AND RECEIVING INFORMATION AS WELL AS TRAINING AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES. ALL ARE WELCOME, NOT JUST LEADERS!!!
ROUNDTABLE IS ON ZOOM!!! GLAAC is on Zoom for Roundtable. The link for the Roundtable meeting is https://scouting-la-org.zoom.us/j/83996029814?pwd=c2lFNmpxL0FBYy9zWEtIbFdMSlAvUT09
This month, in addition to our general announcements, we will get into the spirit of Halloween by having a demonstration of how to create fake blood for realistic first aid practice. You can follow along from home with these instructions.
For our Cub Scout breakout, Pack 555 will tell us a little bit about running a Space Derby.
For our older Scout unit leader breakout, we will learn about camp service opportunities.
As usual, there will be a chat feature available for people to ask questions during the meeting.
When logging in to the meeting, please change your name to include you unit number (e.g. P###, T###, C###, etc.) so that we can help route you to the appropriate breakout room quickly.
See you at roundtable!!
District Committee Meetings
District Committee Meetings have gone virtual - Please reach out to District Chairperson Kelly Barry for information at email@example.com
OA Chapter Meetings
Chapter Meetings have gone virtual - Please reach out to Chapter Adviser Bob Hodgkiss for information at OAChapterAdviser@pacificabsa.org