Pacifica District’s Spring Camporee
April 22-24, 2022
Pacifica Annual Awards Dinner - Postponed
With the recent surge of Omicron we feel it would be best to postpone our February 24th District Dinner.
We are going to keep an eye on this surge and if it appears we can comfortably reschedule back at our outdoor location, Rock N Brews in Redondo Beach, we will in the near future.
We will keep everyone posted. If it is not possible we will then choose to place this on Zoom.
Fingers crossed everyone!
We serve the Southern California communities of El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Gardena, Carson, Wilmington, Lomita, Harbor City, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, and San Pedro.
Volunteers from the District avidly support and staff council events such as the University of Scouting, Cub Day Camp, Cub, Scout Residential Camp, National Youth Leadership Training, Wood Badge, Scouting for Food drives, as well as Camp Card and Popcorn Sales.
We host a Camporee each Spring, a Cub Day camp each Summer, a Webelos event each Fall, District Pinewood Derby, Soapbox Derby, Volunteer Service Projects, Hiking and Backpacking Training, and Sea Scout Activities.
Nomination for the BSA District Award of Merit is Open
The District Award of Merit is a council award presented by districts. The award is to recognize Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level. If you know of such a Scouter we encourage you to nominate them for recognition. Please download and complete the Award of Merit Nomination Form and send the completed form to Cathy Wimberg, Award of Merit Chair.
Accepting Nominations for Community Members to Observe Eagle Character Boards
Partnerships with the community is important to us. The Pacifica District Advancement Committee is accepting nominations for community members who are interested in how BSA programs prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes. If you know of someone who is interested please take the time to nominate them today.
Youth Protection Training Renewals
Many adults are renewing their Youth Protection Training (YPT) in preparation for rechartering. Here are some important tips:
- Make sure you are taking the mandatory, NOT the recommended lesson plan.
- There are four mandatory modules. Take a screen shot of each module completion, preferably with a timestamp if possible.
- Overview and Policies v2
- Sexual Abuse v2
- Bullying v2
- Certification Test v2
- Once you have taken a screen shot of your module completion, DO NOT CLICK NEXT. Instead, exit your browser window and start the subsequent module "fresh" from the "Mandatory YPT Course" screen.
By following these steps, you should receive a certificate within 24 hours. If you experience problems, please contact your unit's Training Chair or servicing Commissioner.
- January 14 - Road Adventure Patch Concept Due (See Roundtable Matters)
- January 18 - Pinewood Carving Workshop at Cabrillo (Packs)
- January-February - Winter Camping at Camp Pollack (Packs, Troops, Ships, Crews)
- February 24 - Pacifica Awards Dinner at Rock N Brews in South Redondo Beach (Packs, Troops, Ships & Crews) - POSTPONED
- February 26-27 - Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO) at Cabrillo (Packs)
- April 2 - Pacifica Road Adventure (See Roundtable Matters) (Everyone Welcome)
- April 22-24 - Pacifica Camporee (See Roundtable Matters) (Troops, Ships & Crews)
- Membership Growth Plans & Information
- District Advancement Documents
- District Award of Merit Nomination Form
- January 2022 Roundtable Matters Newsletter
- BIG Rock
- Older Scout Breakout Session - HAT Website
The next Pacifica District Roundtable will be Wednesday, Feb 9th, 2022 at 7:30pm
ROUNDTABLE IS A GREAT RESOURCE FOR GIVING AND RECEIVING INFORMATION AS WELL AS TRAINING AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES. ALL ARE WELCOME, NOT JUST LEADERS!!!
ROUNDTABLE IS ON ZOOM!!! GLAAC is on Zoom for Roundtable. We’ll see you at roundtable!!
District Committee Meetings
District Committee Meetings have gone virtual - Please reach out to District Chairperson Kelly Barry for information at firstname.lastname@example.org
OA Chapter Meetings
Chapter Meetings have gone virtual - Please reach out to Chapter Adviser Bob Hodgkiss for information at OAChapterAdviser@pacificabsa.org